1st Online European Universities Bridge Trophy - Initial Regulations
In January 2013 we are starting with the 1st European Online University Team Championships on BBO! (EUSA and EBL competition)
- It is a knock out competition1) on internet between universities where the schedule is determined by draw. Each university can enter an unlimited number of teams of 4-6 players
- Both captains have some time2) to schedule and play a match of 16-32 boards. The result must be send directly after the match to email@example.com by each captain with *.LIN file in attachment
- Results will be published on unibridge.eu and on the facebook account "Uni Bridge"
- You can participate under the following conditions:
- being at university or high school (or 1 year after or before studies)
- there is no age limit
- nationality of the student isn't important
- all players must be from universities from the same country but they represent one university (at least 2 players must be from this university)
You can enter from now till 21st of December 2012 by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (with copy to email@example.com). After receiving all entries and after the draw, we will inform each captain by the next match. We will start in January 2013. For each player, you must enter: name, surname, birthday, nationality, university or high school, country and bbo nickname. Also please send to Kuba photocopy (scan) of your student ID.
We trust in your fair play and friendship, important values for EUSA and EBL. Any violation against fair play will not be accepted and have severe consequences. At captains request Kuba can be the Tournament Director during the match. Organizing committee has a right to disqualify any team in the case of reasonable suspicion of foul play. The team will be eliminated from the competition without the right to appeal against the decision.
1) first we will play in groups then knock out stage, number of boards will be indicated in particular regulation in January
2) depends from a number of teams (it will be about one month)